Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fabulous Fall Activities!

Most of these event happened last week, with a couple being more recent, just wanted to link up before I forgot again...I'm linking up with Clutter Free Classroom: Week in Review 

I have been having a great fall in my classroom. I would love to figure out how to have more time for blogging all the fun things I've been doing.

We have been learning about characters & today they got to create a brainstorming web of their own real or make believe characters and illustrate them. I took a few pictures cause I thought they were so cute!!!






We also started squiggle journals (I got this idea from the other 1st grade teacher at my school), which have been so much fun. If I forget to do them my students are very quick to remind me! They each get a squiggle that then they have about 10 minutes to turn into whatever illustration they can imagine, and then they have to write a story about it. So much fun!!! I have one or two students that really struggle with the creative thinking piece, they will just sit there any stare at their paper and say they can't think of "anything" to turn it in to...but overall I get some AMAZING writing!









These are pictures of our writing wall...this week/month's writing was about our favorite thing about fall :-) so so cute! I took a picture of each student writing and hot glued it to a clothes pin and then glued the clothes pin to the board. This was not my idea originally but I don't remember which amazing blog I found it on to give proper credit to....I love the way it looks and gets my students excited about reading!


    

Hope you enjoy my post I hope I can figure out how to post more often...however I LOVE reading all your ideas and seeing what you're doing in your rooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment