Thursday, October 6, 2011

Nosey is GREAT!

I just found a website and contest that totally describes me! I love it. I am constantly walking around my classroom listening to my students as they are working and talking with each other. Often I hear little things that help me to tailor their education to each individual student, I learn things about their culture and home life that I wouldn't know unless I was working around them and being close to them while they are engaged and working!

I love sitting down near them with a project, grading or something while they are working, it gives me an opportunity to engage with them while they are working. I so enjoy their conversations, it also gives me a heads up on little issues before they start. I have heard students who won't speak with me (nervous, second language issues & other various things) carrying on full conversations with their friends when they didn't know I was listening it's a great informal assessment of where their at when they don't even know I'm assessing or listening.

I have caught kids doing things and been able to deal with them on a personal basis before it became a major issue and I didn't have to address it in a large format. I have also addressed things to the whole class when they didn't know I knew who had caused the problem and watched the student squirm and squirm until I was done and they had the opportunity to come and speak with me personally about the issue. It was so valuable for them to realize that I do know what is going on in our classroom even when they think I'm not always there.

I hope you've enjoyed reading this and I would love to have the opportunity to win one of these fabulous prizes!




Grand Prize
iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 32MB, your choice of black or white.
2nd Prize
Bose SoundDock Series II Digital Music System for iPod (Silver)
3rd Prize
Amazon Kindle 3G

One of the requirements to enter was to post this into my blog so head over and check it out. I think this was pretty fabulous!

If you are interested in learning how classroom management software can help you become a nosey teacher and manage students on computers more effectively, check out http://www.netop.com/products/education.htm


Head over and check it out if you are interested in entering yourself! Looks great to me! http://wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/138031?order=recency&preview_key=fd40dc3b2cad6c05fbe22d2b6b9ea2a6&view_entries=1

No comments:

Post a Comment